A series of teachings on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion called A Precious Crystal Rosary by Bhikshu Lobsang Tayang given during the Chenrezig retreats at Cloud Mountain Retreat Center and Sravasti Abbey from 2006-2011.
- Three kinds of compassion: seeing sentient beings, observing phenomena (impermanence), observing unapprehendable (emptiness)
- Example of a bucket in a well; six analogies to cyclic existence
- Importance of cultivating compassion for self before compassion for all others
108 Verses 03: Verse 7 (download)
Questions and answers
- What is the difference between loving kindness and great loving kindness, ordinary compassion and great compassion?
- What is the relationship between emptiness and great compassion?
108 Verses04: Verse 7 Q&A (download)