Meditating on Shakyamuni Buddha using om ah hum
Recorded in Boise, Idaho.
- Focus on breath
- Visualize Shakaymuni Buddha in the space in front of you
- Request the Buddha´s guidance and set your aspirations
- Visualize white light radiating out from the brow of the Buddha, flowing into your brow filling your entire body, imagine the light purifying all negative actions committed by your body
- Visualize red light radiating out from the throat of the Buddha, flowing into your throat filling your entire body, imagine the light purifying all negative actions committed by your speech
- Visualize blue light radiating out from the heart of the Buddha, flowing into your heart filling your entire body, imagine the light purifying all negative actions committed by your thoughts and mind
- Chant om ah hum
- Imagine the Buddha on the crown of you head, facing the same direction as you.
- He melts into golden light and dissolves into you and settles into your heart chakra in your chest
- Feel like your mind and the Buddha´s mind have become inseparable
- Your body has become clean and clear
- The light at your chest radiates outward filling your whole body and radiates out to all the other living beings, in your room, state, country, world and universe
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.