Part of a series of teachings from a two-day workshop on the four immeasurables at Tai Pei Buddhist Centre, Singapore, November 13-14, 2002.
Discussion on jealousy
- What we get jealous about
- What we do when we get jealous
- How to generate joy as an antidote to jealousy
- Practicing rejoicing at the beneficial actions of others
Four Immeasurables 11 (download)
- Thanks from Venerable Thubten Chodron
- Encouragement to continue learning and practicing
Four Immeasurables 12 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.