Part of a series of teachings from a two-day workshop on the four immeasurables at Tai Pei Buddhist Centre, Singapore, November 13-14, 2002.
Love: Part 3
- How to develop love for all sentient beings
- Meditations that help us develop love for all sentient beings
- Seeing all sentient beings as having been our mothers
- Developing gratitude for the kindness of others
Four Immeasurables 08 (download)
Questions and answers
- Will we be related to people in future lives that we are currently related to?
- How do we develop kindness and compassion towards small beings that might harm us?
- Does the precept not to drink alcohol prevent us taking medicines that contain alcohol?
- Do we need to give up garlic and onion?
- How does one talk to a child that has tantrums or who is afraid of the dark?
Four Immeasurables 09 (download)
Questions and answers (continued)
- How can mediating on patience help us cope with city life?
- Setting priorities in our life
- Three important things to remember at the start of each day
- Can the result of harm created by one person be experienced by other members in the family?
- If a good person dies young is it because of the family karma?
- How do you teach a miserly person to be generous?
- Should we work on our own problems before looking to solve those of others?
- How can we build a meditation on patience in to the stabilization practice?
Four Immeasurables 10 (download)