Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- Introduction to the text
- The greatness of the author
- Atisha is the source of the lamrim teachings
- Short biography of Atisha and how he was responsible for the re-establishment of Buddhism in Tibet
- The greatness of the lamrim teachings
- Allows you to see that all the Buddha’s teachings are free of contradictions
- You will see all the scriptures as instructions for practice
- The teachings are not just for intellectual stimulation but are personal instructions for practice
- You can easily see the main points, the intention of the Buddha’s teachings
- It helps you avoid the great mistake of criticizing or rejecting any of the Buddha’s teachings
- There is a difference between debating the points of the teachings and criticizing the teachings
Gomchen Lamrim 01: The greateness of the teacher and the teachings (download)
01 The Gomchen Lamrim 08-07-15
- The text states that the Buddha’s teachings are free of contradiction. Why is it important to understand this?
- What is the benefit in seeing the teachings as personal instruction?
- How might seeing the greatness of the teacher and teachings benefit your mind as you approach the Dharma?