Chapter 1 addresses what to abandon and what to practice to attain upper rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- Why the karmic result of the habit, the tendency to do the action again, is said to be the worse result
- Summing up how to practice to attain higher rebirth.
- The quintessential thing to remember is don’t engage in nonvirtue, engage in virtue
- Summarizing the causal relationship between abandoning the 13 destructive actions and engaging in the three actions to be practiced
- The respective results of abandoning nonvirtue, practicing virtue, and the meditative absorptions
- We have to start working with the gross attachments to the body before working on the subtle attachments to the body. How to begin doing that
Precious Garland 10: Verses 20-24 (download)