Good Karma: A bodhisattva’s courage
Good Karma 05
Part of a series of talks given during the annual Memorial Day weekend retreat based on the book Good Karma: How to Create the Causes of Happiness and Avoid the Causes of Suffering, a commentary on “The Wheel of Sharp Weapons” by Indian sage Dharmarakshita.
- Verses 1 and 2 continued
- The five bodhisattva paths and what they eliminate
- Verse 3: The heroism of bodhisattvas
- What would happen if we give up complaining?
- Verse 4: Avoiding the afflictions
- The path in three tiers
- Being vigilant regarding objects of attachment
Good Karma 05: A bodhisattva’s courage (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.