Teachings on karma: Part 1 of 2
Part of a two-day teaching on karma at the Dharma Friendship Foundation, Seattle, Washington.
- The meaning of karma and how we create it
- The four characteristics of karma
- Destructive and constructive actions
- The weight of karma
Questions and answers
- Difference in precepts beween monastic and lay practitioner
- Creating karma when watching movies
- Taking precepts if you are prone to feeling guilty
- The precept to not sing or dance
- Creating karma with a spiritual intent
View Part 2 of this series: Creating our experience
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.