Giving up self-centeredness
Eight verses of thought transformation
- Working with the self-centered thought
- Mandala offering
- Eight verses of thought training
- What does it mean to benefit ourselves?
- Organizing our life for practice
- Verse 1
- Our enlightenment depends on all sentient beings
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.