Teachings given during the Chenrezig Retreat at Sravasti Abbey in 2018. Teachings on Nagarjuna’s Letter to a Friend also took place during this retreat. The Chenrezig sadhana can be found here.
- The four immeasurables
- The importance of equanimity
- Distinguishing friend enemy and stranger
- Calming the yo-yo mind
- Equanimity isn’t treating everyone equally
- Questions and answers
- Generating love and compassion
- Working with anger and attachment
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.