Part of a series of talks given during the week-long Medicine Buddha Retreat at Sravasti Abbey in July 2016.
- Getting clear about how to benefit others
- Identifying self-centeredness
- Two levels of self-centeredness
- Not falling into self-criticism and guilt
- How to move beyond self-centeredness
- Relationship between self-centeredness and self-grasping
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.