A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
When those who want enlightenment must give even their body,
There’s no need to mention external things.
Therefore, without hope for return or any fruition
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- Generosity is the mind that takes delight in giving
- How self-centeredness interferes with our generosity
- How we may degrade generosity to emotional business transactions
- The practice of generosity includes being a good recipient
- If we refuse a gift, we deny others the happiness and virtue of giving
- The different ways of thinking that block us from being generous
- The different types of giving
SDD 25: Opening the heart (download)