Part of a series of teachings given from March 6-11, 2010, at Sravasti Abbey.
- Potential for Buddhahood as discussed in the Lotus Sutra
- Use of conceptual thought to eventually transcend it
- Keystone of Tsongkhapa’s thought is the compatibility of dependent arising and emptiness because it maintains a valid basis for ethical distinctions
- What it means to be conceptually imputed
- Sautrantika tenet system: ultimate truths are those things that are perceived by the senses and can perform functions, such as tables, whereas conventional truths are those things that are mentally constructed
Guy Newland on the Two Truths 06a: Dependent arising and emptiness (download)
Guy Newland on the Two Truths 06b: Dependent arising and emptiness (download)