A series of commentaries on Mind Training Like Rays of the Sun by Nam-kha Pel, a disciple of Lama Tsongkhapa, given between September 2008 and July 2010.
- Continuation of the commentary on the section “Precepts of Mind Training”
- Cultivating compassion without bias toward any beings, yet recognizing societal roles
- Creating the three conditions beneficial to practice
- Having compassion at an intellectual level and an emotional level
- Getting to know our minds to know how much we are capable of and how much we can push ourselves
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.