The teachings on Chapter 7 of Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way explore the reasons and methods for giving up attachment to the fleeting pleasures of cyclic existence.
- Targeting the disadvantages of cyclic existence
- Having a sense of danger (caution) and of fear, wisdom fear
- Without a wish to get free of cyclic existence we won’t practice the path
- If we don’t practice the path we will continue to be reborn in cyclic existence
- The causes of cyclic existence
- Act so the present and the future will not be as meaningless as the past
47 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Review, part 1 (download)