A series of teachings given during the Chenrezig Retreat at Cloud Mountain Retreat Center in 2007. Teachings on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion were also given during this retreat.
Explanation of afflicted views
- Watching how our self-centered mind works and our reaction to it
- Afflicted views discussed in lamrim under four noble truths
- Six root afflictions: attachment, anger, ignorance, arrogance, doubt, afflicted views
- Afflicted views
- View of transitory collection (or perishing aggregates)
- Extreme views
- Distorted views: absolutism, nihilism
- Views of the supreme
- Views of ethics and conduct
Chenrezig Retreat 01 (download)
Questions and answers
- What is the primordial Buddha?
- Are we supposed to take on faith that there is beginningless time?
- Is there anything that is eternal?
- Is there anything that is permanent?
- Is karma like a law or plan?
- Is the Buddha’s mind impermanent?
- Why can’t God be permanent and still create the universe?
Chenrezig retreat 01: Q&A (download)