A talk based on the book Awaken Every Day: 365 Buddhist Reflections to Invite Mindfulness and Joy given at the East West Bookshop in Seattle.
- The book’s origin story
- Protecting our merit
- How to dedicate merit
- Spiritual practice should be related to everyday life
- Helping relatives meet the teachings
- A true revolution
- Real freedom is being free from internal afflictions
- What is the Buddhist perspective on fear, anxiety and worry?
- What about righteous anger?
- How can you enjoy activities without attachment?
- What are the antidotes to attachment?
“Awaken Every Day”: Bringing the Dharma into daily life (download)