A talk given at the PUB Auditorium in Singapore.
Meditation and motivation
- Setting a proper motivation for listening to the teaching
OAF 01: Motivation (download)
Anger and patience
- The importance of setting a motivation
- Definitions of anger and patience
OAF 02: Anger and patience (download)
Anger is not beneficial
- Identifying the effects of anger
- Determine whether being angry is ever positive
OAF 03: Anger not beneficial (download)
Antidotes to anger: Part 1
- Owning our anger instead of blaming others
- Rethinking self-preoccupation
- Learning to care for ourselves and others in a wise way
OAF 04: Antidotes (download)
Antidotes to anger: Part 2
- How we create our own suffering through our rigid, fixed opinions
- Techniques to counter anger and the judgmental mind
OAF 05: Antidotes (download)
Questions and answers
- Does parents’ attachment to their children hinder the children’s spiritual growth?
- How do we handle a colleague who is impatient and demanding?
- Can you talk about homosexuality?
- Does karma play a part in our getting angry?
- Getting angry with one’s girlfriend due to mistrust
- Being enlisted in the army
- Attachment to one’s partner
- How can we help someone who is shuts herself off from the world and is constantly angry with the people around her?
- Is it okay to show anger with good motivation?
- How do you keep your patience with someone who drinks a lot and refuses to change?
- How do you help someone who is manic depressive?
- How do you help a person who is self-centered?
- The importance of understanding how our actions can effect our future lives
- How to deal with other people pushing their religions on you
OAF 06: Q&A (download)
Conclusion and dedication
OAF 07: Conclusion and dedication (download)
Also refer to Section II of Open Heart, Clear Mind: Working Effectively with Emotions.