Chapter 5: The Practices of the Bodhisattva. What is to be abandoned and what is to be adopted. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- Explanation of why you should cherish the wise if you cherish yourself
- Reasons why relying on a spiritual mentor is taught when it’s taught
- How to properly rely on a spiritual mentor
- What qualities to look for in a teacher
- How our relationship with our teacher helps us to identify our own faults
Precious Garland 104: Verses 488-491 (download)