A partial recording of a talk given at the MacBuddhi Buddhist students’ group at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia on June 10, 2015.
- There are values shared by all religions that are essential to human beings
- The Buddhist path is not a path of worship but of reasoning and experience, looking at what works to have a happy and peaceful life
- We live our lives as if we are the most important and our happiness is most important
- What we focus on determines our experience
- The outlook on life based on I, me and mine doesn’t lead to happiness, but actually leads to unhappiness
The Buddhist approach to happiness (download)