Striking at the vital point
“Wheel of Sharp Weapons”: Verses 1-15
A series of teachings on the Wheel of Sharp Weapons by Dharmarakshita at the request of Osel Shen Phen Ling in Missoula, Montana. The root text can be found in Mind Training: The Essential Collection translated by Thupten Jinpa.
- How the text strikes at the vital point of self-grasping and self-centered ignorance
- The energy we transmit boomerangs back to us—the inner workings of karma
- Why deities have wrathful forms
- Explanation of how to practice tonglen
- Our obligation to help those that are suffering
- Realize the wrongs that we have done and commit to not repeating them again
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.