A weekend with Tara
How to free your mind—Tara the liberator
A two-day workshop conducted at Tai Pei Buddhist Centre, Singapore, in October of 2006.
Who is Tara and why we do the Tara practice
- Who is Tara?
- Significance of Tara’s posture
- Why do we do the Tara practice?
- Preventing “compassion fatigue”
Tara workshop 01: Part 1 (download)
Where does Tara’s happiness come from and is she a buddha
- Tara looks very happy—where is the happiness coming from?
- Peaceful and wrathful appearances of deities/our teachers
- Is Tara a buddha?
Tara workshop 02: Part 2 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.