Chapter 4: Royal Policy: Instructions on the Practices of a Monarch. Nagarjuna gives practical advice for leaders that is also applicable to individual practitioners. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- The fundamental and universal vehicles are both the teachings of the Buddha
- The causes for the form body are inconceivable, the result is inconceivable as well
- How the teachings in the two vehicles come to the same point on emptiness
- Teachings that are not understood should not be rejected, keep an equanimous mind
- The bodhisattva practices are explained in the fundamental vehicle in a brief way
Precious Garland 70: Verses 382-391 (download)