A life in the Dharma
An interview with Venerable Chodron
Andres Valdivieso interviews Venerable Thubten Chodron for The Innercraft Podcast.
- The journey to becoming a Buddhist nun
- Rebirth and karma
- Finding a tradition, a teacher and a community
- Teaching the Dharma but remaining a student
- The reasons for founding a Buddhist monastery
- Daily life at Sravasti Abbey
- Commonalities and differences among Buddhist traditions
- The role of tantric practice
- Advice for lay practitioners
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.