Q&A on the 12 links of dependent origination
56 Samsara, Nirvana, and Buddha Nature
Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book Samsara, Nirvana, and Buddha Nature, the third volume in The Library of Wisdom and Compassion series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Many conditions for renewed existence
- Having a general understanding of renewed existence
- Craving and clinging at the time of death
- Consciousness and karma
- Strength of the karmic seeds
- Purification and potency of karmic seeds
- Renewed existence in Yogachara tenet system
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.