The third of three talks in an online weekend workshop on “Working with Anxiety” hosted by FPMT Mexico. With translation into Spanish.
- Getting used to the lack of anxiety
- Anxiety feeds the false sense of our independence, our importance
- How anxiety affects us physically, socially
- Counteracting anxiety by seeing its faults
- Unmet expectations and unrealistic models
- “Happily ever after” as a flawed model
- Dropping expectations and cultivating contentment
- Accepting and adapting to change
- Loving and supporting self and others in difficult times
Watch the guided meditation that followed on “Anxiety” in Spanish:
Watch the first talk here:
Watch the second talk here:
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.