A talk based on the book Following in the Buddha’s Footsteps, the fourth volume of The Library of Wisdom and Compassion, a series coauthored with His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the stages of the Buddhist path. The talk was given at the Than Siang Temple in Penang, Malaysia.
- The importance of motivation in Dharma practice
- The four truths and the Buddhist world view
- Motivation for making offerings and doing prostrations
- Using visualization when chanting Amituofo
- Motivation and mindfulness practice
- Question and answer
- What kind of meditation can busy working adults practice?
- What are the verses for offering food at meals?
- Are there two ways to realize emptiness?
Following in the Buddha’s Footsteps (download)