A talk given at the Buddhist Library in Singapore on December 8, 2016.
- Identifying prejudice and bias
- How prejudice has caused turmoil and harmed groups
- The importance of inner reflection to recognize our own prejudices
- Speaking up when others make biased comments
- We can disagree with the behavior without disliking the person
- The benefit of sharing our feelings and experience about prejudice
Healing prejudice (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.