Part of a series of teachings on Chapter 6: “The Perfection of Patience” from Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, organized by Pureland Marketing, Singapore.
- Anger is not our friend, it does not bring happiness and causes us to harm others
- Repaying the kindness of the buddhas by being kind to sentient beings
- Benefiting sentient beings pleases the buddhas
- Pleasing sentient beings does not mean we become a people-pleaser
- The disadvantages of harming sentient beings and the benefits of respecting them
- Seeing sentient beings as having the potential to become buddhas
Chapter 6: Verses 119-126 (download)