A talk given during the How to be a Bodhisattva Retreat at Sravasti Abbey in 2015.
- Sharing from a New Yorker article on the mindfulness movement
- How Buddhist teachings on mindfulness exist within an ethical framework and the Buddhist worldview
- How to practice mindfulness of the present moment from a Buddhist perspective
- Shantideva’s teachings on mindfulness
- How mindfulness practice leads us to wisdom and full awakening through the four establishments of mindfulness
- Questions and answers
- The benefits of the Western approach to mindfulness
- Tying the mind to mantra recitation
- Mindfulness and compassion-focused therapy
- The future of the secular mindfulness movement
- Viewing the mindfulness movement without arrogance
07-18-15 The Mindfulness Craze
The second talk in this retreat series can be found here.