Advice on living with an open heart
How to cultivate compassion in everyday life
This talk was given at Land of Medicine Buddha in California, USA, on October 16, 2014.
- Judgmental opinions impede opening the heart
- Our self-centered outlook alienates us
- Helping others helps ourselves
- Distinguishing paranoia from real danger
- Letting go of anger is not dependent on receiving an apology
Living with an open heart (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.