This is part of a series of teachings on Parting from the Four Clingings, by Drakpa Gyaltsen, given during the 2014 Chenrezig Retreat at Sravasti Abbey.
- Nothing exists in the way that we think it does
- Analysis of parts reveals absence of objective existence
- How things exist conventionally
- Dangers of grasping at inherent existence
- Dangers of believing in non-existence
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.