A talk given at the Manjushri Vihara Temple in Tainan City, Taiwan (ROC). In English with Chinese translation.
- The importance of cultivating motivation at the beginning of any activity
- The three motivations to recall each morning
- Examining what anger is
- Techniques to use when anger arises
Examining anger and it’s antidotes, part 1 (download)
- Questions and answers
- Is the teaching on anger related to the paramita of fortitude?
- Can you turn conventional truths into ultimate truths with vipassana?
- How do you deal with anger at yourself?
- Is the emptiness taught in Buddhism taught in Confucianism?
- Is emptiness related to what Descartes said—I think therefore I exist?
- Is vipassana taught in other religions?
- Is it really possible to benefit all sentient beings?
- Why do people talk about a feeling of fear when they talk about emptiness?
- Does emptiness mean letting go?
Examining anger and it’s antidotes, part 2 Q and A (download)