Holding others dear
Eight Verses of Thought Transformation: Verse 2
A series of teachings on the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation given during the Rejoicing and Giving Thanks Retreat at Sravasti Abbey in November 2008.
- Seeing ourselves as the lowest of all
- Ultimate reality and conventional reality
- Virtue and nonvirtue
- Seeing the goodness in others
- Being generous in pointing out the good qualities of others
- The critical and judgmental mind
- Disciplining or correcting others’ behavior
Eight Verses of Thought Transformation: Verse 2 (download)
This is the last verse that was recorded.
Eight Verses of Thought Transformation: Introduction
Eight Verses of Thought Transformation: Verse 1
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.