Part of a series of teachings given at the Jewel Heart Center in Cleveland, Ohio from July 6-8, 2007.
- How the mind creates discontentment
- Explanation for monastics’ appearance
- Problems associated with self-grasping ignorance
Cultivating contentment 01 (download)
Questions and answers
- Contentment and gender
- Relationship between martial arts and Buddhism
- Prison work
- Dealing with criticism from family members
Cultivating contentment 02 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.