Part of a series of talks given during a two-day retreat on Cultivating a Compassionate Heart: The Yoga Method of Chenrezig at Menla Center in Phoenicia, New York, April 21-22, 2007.
- What visualization means and why do it?
- Is visualization and chanting of mantras just extra added stuff that encourages unnecessary conceptualization?
- What would compassion look like in a physical form?
- Compassion and total acceptance
- How to have compassion for ourselves and others for all the mistakes made
- How compassion counteracts the judgmental mind or the “opinion factory”
Menla 01: Introduction to Chenrezig and compassion (download)