The Buddhist worldview
Recognizing your life as a rare and precious opportunity
A talk given at the Buddhist Library, Singapore.
- Setting a positive motivation for listening to teachings
- Becoming familiar with the Buddhist worldview
- Understanding why we need to do Dharma practice
- Attachment to what we think and what we perceive through our senses
The Buddhist worldview 01 (download)
- Understanding the Buddhist worldview helps us realize that our present life is very rare and precious
- How to make use of our rare and precious human life
The Buddhist worldview 02 (download)
Questions and answers
- How can I help my son who is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia?
- Rather than meditate all day, isn’t it better to go out and help others?
- Wouldn’t it be better to go out and help others than abide in nirvana?
The Buddhist worldview 03 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.