Fill yourself with good qualities
A secular meditation to purify mistakes done in the past
Recorded at Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts. A teaching to those who work with inmates.
- Guided meditation for non-Buddhist audience working with incarcerated people
- Visualization meditation for the purification of past negative actions created by body, speech and mind
- How refraining from judgment allows for great healing
- Using honest reflection to increase our compassion and wisdom
- The meaning of purification
- Overcoming resistance to purification
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.