- Make offerings on behalf of person to charity or the Three Jewels
- Recite prayers such as The King of Prayers to help person purify and accumulate merit
- Keep dying person’s room quiet
- Encourage the person to have positive thoughts or to do positive actions
- Let go of your own guilt and issues so as not to burden the dying person
- Tell the dying person you love him/her and show your appreciation and gratitude
- Discuss practical issues if possible such as living wills, end-of-life care, specific wishes, etc.
Preparing for death (download)