Talks given at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery in Singapore, on March 15, 2008.
Setting a proper motivation
- What is meditation and its purpose?
- What is a proper motivation for meditating?
- Importance of learning about meditation from somebody who knows how to meditate
Meditation on Enlightening the Path in Our Hearts 01 (download)
Developing a meditation practice
- Developing the three wisdoms of hearing, thinking and meditating
- Establishing a daily meditation practice
- Types of meditation
Meditation on Enlightening the Path in Our Hearts 02 (download)
Questions and answers
- What is the meaning of taking refuge and the five precepts?
- From a spiritual perspective, what are the karmic causes for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and how do we solve this issue?
- I have just broken up with my partner. When meditating, I’m distracted by thoughts of my partner, sadness, etc. What should I do?
- How do you deal with difficult colleagues and bosses at the workplace?
- Could you explain why life sometimes does not turn out the way we want it to? Is it related to our karma?
Meditation on Enlightening the Path in Our Hearts 03 (download)