Talks given at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery in Singapore, on March 15, 2008.
Setting a proper motivation
- What is meditation and its purpose?
- What is a proper motivation for meditating?
- Importance of learning about meditation from somebody who knows how to meditate
Developing a meditation practice
- Developing the three wisdoms of hearing, thinking and meditating
- Establishing a daily meditation practice
- Types of meditation
Questions and answers
- What is the meaning of taking refuge and the five precepts?
- From a spiritual perspective, what are the karmic causes for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and how do we solve this issue?
- I have just broken up with my partner. When meditating, I’m distracted by thoughts of my partner, sadness, etc. What should I do?
- How do you deal with difficult colleagues and bosses at the workplace?
- Could you explain why life sometimes does not turn out the way we want it to? Is it related to our karma?