Part of a series of teachings on the attitudes to develop in order to cultivate compassion given during a weekend retreat at Sravasti Abbey, May 25-28, 2007.
The kindness of others
- The importance of seeing others as kind
- How to develop the attitude that sees ourselves and others as equal
- How we create our own experience
Planting the Seeds to Cultivate Compassion 03 (download)
Questions and answers
- When we don’t give in to negative thoughts when we are harmed does that benefit the other person as well as ourself?
- Would you explain the antidotes to the mental afflictions?
- When someone does something to you and you are feeling angry, aren’t you making an excuse for them by saying they are suffering?
- What is the right action to do when someone in the community is causing harm?
- What do you do in a situation where conventional wisdom says you are being harmed and you need to be aggressive or assertive?
- If there is part of you that is trying to get pity what do you do?
Planting the Seeds to Cultivate Compassion 03 Q&A (download)