- The importance of learning the Dharma with the right motivation
- How to deal with monastics who have intolerable behavior
06 Exploring Monastic Life: The Role of a Monastic 08-02-21
Discussion group questions
- Not having a career and worldly success, like all your friends do?
- Not having a nest egg or savings to have “security” in old age?
- Not having an intimate relationship to be a source of comfort and support, both at present and in old age, like most of your friends do?
- Not having children, which are often seen as the “legacy” that we leave behind in the world when we die, or who can take care of us when we’re old.