Living a happy monastic life
03 Exploring Monastic Life 2021
- How to have a happy mind as a monastic
- Learning to see others as kind
- Overcoming counterproductive tendencies
- Questions and answers
- The Ariyapariyesana Sutta on false objects of refuge
Discussion Group Questions
- What religion or worldview did you grow up with? What ideas influenced you?
- What aspects of this religion/worldview did you start to question, have difficulty with?
- What aspects of this religion/worldview do you still agree with, or did you find helpful?
- What ideas in Buddhism make sense, which you didn’t find in your religion of origin?
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.