A talk given at Sakya Monastery in Seattle, Washington.
- Practical Ethics and Profound Emptiness: A Commentary on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland, by Khensur Jampa Tegchok and edited by Thubten Chodron
- Higher rebirth via practicing compassion, ethical conduct and generosity
- Relationship between higher rebirth and highest good, latter being liberation from cyclic existence and achieving full awakening
- Helping others is helping ourselves
- Correlation between eight worldly concerns and suffering
- Moral: Spend your current lifetime accumulating merits and planting seeds for your good rebirth so that at the time of death you can rejoice in spending your life in goodness and your mind will be propelled properly.
- Questions and answers
Compassion in Living and Dying 10-21-18