These talks were given at Tai Pei Buddhist Centre in Singapore, November 27-28, 2001.
- Handling insects without killing them
- Killing germs or bacteria
- Those who work in pest control
- Karmic results of killing
Q&A: Not killing (download)
Sexual ethics and behaviour
- Unwise sexual behavior
- The importance and ways of keeping a marriage healthy
- Premarital sex
Q&A: Sexual ethics (download)
Changing bad habits
- Re-channeling energy in a positive direction
- Will criticizing someone help them improve?
- Dealing with habitual reactions
Bad habits (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.