A talk given at the Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts in Taipei, Taiwan (ROC). In English with Chinese translation.
- The three current extant vinaya lineages
- What it’s like for western women to take the bhikshuni ordination
- The situation for Tibetan nuns
- Starting Sravasti Abbey
- Bhikshuni ordination in the Theravadan tradition
- The present status of bhikshuni ordination in the West and in Asia
- What do you see for the future of Western Buddhism?
- What are the barriers to bhikshuni ordination in the Tibetan tradition?
- What is the importance of an ordained sangha in Budddhism?
The bhikshuni sangha in the West and its future prospects (download)