The causes of higher rebirth and definite goodness
Part of a series of teachings based on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland: Advice for a King sponsored by Semkye Ling center in Schneverdingen, Germany, April 20 to April 23, 2016. The teachings are in English with German translation.
- Nagarjuna’s homage and praise to the Buddha
- The three main qualities of a receptive Dharma student
- By creating the causes for a human rebirth we create the basis for awakening
- The importance of conviction in karma
- How to become a suitable vessel to understand emptiness
Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland: Verses 1-7 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.