Purification, karma, and ethical conduct
A question and answer session
Part of a series of teachings given at the Living with Wisdom and Compassion Retreat at Amitayus Centre in Bogor, Indonesia.
- Restoring the relationship with others when we act unskillfully
- How both karma and our state of mind at the time of death influence the body we take in the next life
- Personal story about becoming a Buddhist nun
- Practicing good ethical conduct and the thought training teachings in order to be a good friend to others
- Visualizing the seed syllable at Chenrezig’s heart
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.