As the Abbess of Sravasti Abbey, Venerable Thubten Chodron receives mailings from Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence, a diverse coalition of denominations and faith-based groups united by the call of their faiths to confront America’s gun violence epidemic.
- How we can be fully engaged supporting a cause we believe in, while keeping a balanced and compassionate mind
- Using Dharma to stay engaged in the discussion
- Emotional reactions to media portrayal
- Remember the Buddhist view of violence
- How to create internal peace
- How to develop fortitude in our practice