Part of a series of talks given during the annual Young Adult Week program at Sravasti Abbey in 2012.
- Qualities of a good friend
- Qualities we should develop to be a better friend
- Friendship should be meaningful and not just “hanging out”
- Responsibility for developing qualities to attract friends who will help us
- Friendship is more than loyalty no matter what
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.